Friday 22 July 2011

How many thousands have been ripped off by lastminuite.com?

As this is all automated I wonder how long this scam has been going on by Lastminute.com and how many thousands have been ripped off by lastminuite.com?

I have NEVER heard before of ANY company allowing you to get to the payment stage and then they insist you call them and then inflate the agreed price by over 50%!

As it has been an "ongoing error for a long long time" he said, obviously the scam lastminute.com has been operating has been going on I suspect since it was founded well over a decade ago.

I know know why they are called lastminute.com as they think it acceptable to inflate prices AT THE LAST MINUTE by over 50% as you are paying for your order!!! (08-07-2009)

4 comments:

  1. I too had a bad experience with lastminute...booked a hotel in knightsbridge..next day I wanted the phone number of the hotel to get more details they could not supply one..also when I read further about hotel it said they have no checkin desk hotel but had to go some nearby place to check in then get transported to hotel...wenter to this street in D'oyley st London was no place there.phoned lastminute was not helpful kept on transferring me to one caller to the next..NOT HAPPY WITH THIS COMPANY...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too had a bad experience with lastminute...booked a hotel in knightsbridge..next day I wanted the phone number of the hotel to get more details they could not supply one..also when I read further about hotel it said they have no checkin desk hotel but had to go some nearby place to check in then get transported to hotel...wenter to this street in D'oyley st London was no place there.phoned lastminute was not helpful kept on transferring me to one caller to the next..NOT HAPPY WITH THIS COMPANY...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God I think I have just been caught by the same scam. They are refusing to even tell me what hotel I have booked. Call centre staff at lastminute were really rude, transferred me twice to another number, at one point denied I had even made the booking, then denied that I had "made any request", which apparently means I never phoned them, and then when I said it's not my problem they did not take notes and asked if they wanted to see my call list, went silent on the phone. Lost £300.

      Delete
  3. I turned up at Balfern bnb in London Saturday evening (16th January 2016) with my friend after going to the theatre. There was no answer at the bnb, the number we were calling the man was getting angry and saying it was the wrong number. Did this bnb even exist? So we were stranded in a part of London that was unfamiliar to us at night, scared and didn't know what to do. Lastminute.com say they are looking into it but I was filled with no confidence that I would get my £46.54 back, I am waiting for them to get back in touch. I feel vulnerable and cheated. DO NOT USE LASTMINUTE.COM

    ReplyDelete